What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files with which a website asks your browser to store them on your computer or mobile device when you visit the website or certain pages. The cookies allow the website to "remember" your actions or preferences over time. Most browsers accept cookies, but users can set their browsers to block or delete these cookies whenever they want. Cookies usually contain the name of the website where the cookie came from, how long the cookie will remain on your device, and a value, which is usually a randomly generated unique number. Some cookies will be deleted as soon as you leave the website (so-called 'session cookies'), other cookies will be stored on your computer or mobile device and will help us to identify you as a visitor to our website (so-called 'permanent cookies' ).
Which cookies do we use?
We use first party cookies and third party cookies:
- First party cookies are cookies created by the Website itself. These cookies are used to optimize your user experience.
- Third party cookies are cookies created by other parties (and not by the Website). Third party cookies on our Website are Facebook, LinkedIn and Google Analytics. Google Analytics is Google's analytical tool that helps us understand how you interact with our Website. The tool may use a range of cookies to collect information and report user statistics about the Website without personally disclosing individual visitors to Google. The main cookie used by Google Analytics is the "___ga" cookie.A further distinction can be made between the following types of cookies.
These are necessary for the operation of our Website. These include, for example, cookies that allow you to log in.
- OptanonAlertBoxClosed: This cookie is set by websites using certain versions of the cookie law compliance solution from OneTrust.
It is set after visitors have seen a cookie information notice and in some cases only when they actively close the notice down. It enables the website not to show the message more than once to a user. The cookie has a one year lifespan and contains no personal information.
- OptanonConsent: This cookie is set by the cookie compliance solution from OneTrust.
It stores information about the categories of cookies the site uses and whether visitors have given or withdrawn consent for the use of each category. This enables site owners to prevent cookies in each category from being set in the users browser, when consent is not given. The cookie has a normal lifespan of one year, so that returning visitors to the site will have their preferences remembered. It contains no information that can identify the site visitor.
ANALYTICAL COOKIES / PERFORMANCE COOKIES:
These cookies allow us to analyze our web traffic, view the number of users of our Website and see how visitors navigate our Website.
- _gid: Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.
To store and count pageviews.
- _ga: This cookie name is associated with Google Universal Analytics - which is a significant update to Google's more commonly used analytics service.
This cookie is used to distinguish unique users by assigning a randomly generated number as a client identifier. It is included in each page request in a site and used to calculate visitor, session and campaign data for the sites analytics reports. By default it is set to expire after 2 years, although this is customisable by website owners.
- _ga_xxxxxxxxxx: This cookie is installed by Google Analytics.
The cookie is used to calculate visitor, session, campaign data and keep track of site usage for the site's analytics report. The cookies store information anonymously and assigns a randomly generated number to identify unique visitors.
- JSESSIONID: General purpose platform session cookie, used by sites written in JSP. Usually used to maintain an anonymous user session by the server.
A session cookie is required to follow your progress through the website. It is essential to ensure that any information you enter or routes you take are remembered by the website. Without this cookie, every page you visited would treat you as a completely new visitor. This cookie does not identify you personally and is not linked to any other information we store about you.
- Vuid: These cookies are used by the Vimeo video player on websites.
Statistics can be obtained about the players’ performance on customer sites through this cookie.
These cookies "remember" the choices you made on our Website (eg language preference), which makes the Website more user-friendly and improves the user experience.
- __cf_bm: The __cf_bm cookie is a cookie necessary to support Cloudflare Bot Management, currently in private beta. As part of our bot management service, this cookie helps manage incoming traffic that matches criteria associated with bots. This is a CloudFoundry cookie.
to read and filter requests from bots.
These show us the pages you have visited and the links you have followed so that the advertisements can be more tailored to your interests.
- _gat_UA-nnnnnnn-nn: This is a pattern type cookie set by Google Analytics.
This is a pattern type cookie set by Google Analytics, where the pattern element on the name contains the unique identity number of the account or website it relates to. It appears to be a variation of the _gat cookie which is used to limit the amount of data recorded by Google on high traffic volume websites.
How can you manage or delete cookies?
You can manage or delete cookies at any time via the settings of your internet browser, which allows you to block some or all cookies. Disabling cookies will limit the services we can offer and may affect your user experience. Deleting cookies may result in you having to manually adjust your preferences every time you visit our Website. For more information about managing and / or deleting cookies, visit the page relevant to your browser:
For other browsers, consult the browser operator's documentation.